Clearway Community Energy develops district energy, combined heat and power, and microgrids from the ground up. We have an extensive track record of building and upgrading assets on time and on budget.
Customized Solutions for Your Needs
During our more than 30 years as a developer of energy systems we have executed projects of a wide spectrum of scopes and complexity. From feasibility study through the full life cycle of the system, we oversee every aspect of our projects and closely coordinate with select firms. We assume ultimate accountability for our projects, and we deliver the high quality solutions our customers expect.
Benefits of Choosing Clearway
- Experience delivering, developing, owning, operating and maintaining turnkey solutions
- In-house development team including engineers, financial experts, and operations and maintenance personnel
- Long-term partner for your path to energy cost savings, sustainability, and operations optimization
- Unique expertise in permitting, supply chain management, and tax and duty optimization
- Access to emergent technologies which provide more sustainable energy at attractive prices to our customers
Case Study: Energy Center Pittsburgh Uptown
Clearway’s Energy Center Pittsburgh Uptown is a state-of-the-art district energy facility and distribution system located east of downtown Pittsburgh in the emerging Lower Hill district built to serve UPMC Mercy Hospital as its initial anchor customer. Clearway Energy, Inc. financed and built the facility, which it now owns and operates. Construction on the asset began in Q3 2016, and the plant went online in early 2018.
- District Energy appealed to UPMC due to the technology’s inherent sustainability and cost‑effectiveness
- Energy Center Pittsburgh Uptown supplies UPMC Mercy with steam, chilled water, and backup power it requires, creating maximum reliability and resiliency for the hospital
- Interconnecting Energy Center Pittsburgh Uptown and Duquesne University Campus Energy Center will offer the systems’ customers increased efficiency and backup generation, simply maintenance, and reduce planned downtime.